Welcome to the home of engineering excellence
Whether you are trying to reduce energy consumption by using ABB variable-speed drives, looking for a low cost high efficiency motor supplier, or have a demanding HVAC services project, look no further than the Gibbons Engineering Group.
1. Fridge – a compressor powered by a motor constricts the refrigerant gas, raising its pressure, and pushes it into the coils on the outside of the refrigerator.
2. Washing machine – the humble electric motor keeps the drum spinning and due to its weight, there’s a concrete block in there as well to provide balance (in case you’re wondering why washing machines are so heavy!).
3. Extractor fan – de-steaming your bathroom is as easy as pulling a cord, all thanks to the motor that powers the fan.
4. Vacuum cleaner – an electric motor drives a fan which causes a change in pressure and therefore the suction required to hoover up dirt and dust.
5. Microwave – that hypnotic revolving turntable is powered by – that’s right – a small electric motor.
6. Dishwasher – an electric motor pumps the water that cleans your crockery. In many cases the door that dispenses the detergent is opened by an electric motor too.
7. DVD player – next time you’re having a box set marathon, spare a thought for the overworked electric motors that spin the discs and operate the tray.
8. Garage door opener – an electric motor drives the mechanism that opens and closes the door, all at the click of a button from the comfort of your vehicle.
9. Waste disposal unit – the spinning turntable that grinds up your unwanted food relies on an electric motor.
10. Swimming pool – If you’re lucky enough to have a swimming pool, you may already know that the pump that circulates and cleans the water is powered by an electric motor.
Can you think of any we’ve missed? Let us know by commenting below.
Find out more about our electric motor products and services by calling 01621 868138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.