Thursday 30 January 2014



Claire Scott, Gibbons’ Business Administration Manager, comes under the spotlight as we find out about her role along with her likes and dislikes.







What does your job involve?
Lots of paperwork! I’m responsible for the administration systems for the group. I maintain all the systems that contribute to our accreditations, including ISO, CHAS and Safe Contractor, which covers health and safety, personnel and training. Another area I’m responsible for is the business utility contracts.
One day I can be dealing with employment contracts and carrying out staff inductions and the next day be out in our workshops ensuring all our equipment is available for thorough inspection. I’m also still involved in the marketing side of the business so it’s a varied role!
What’s the first thing you do when you arrive at the office?
Usually put down the takeaway coffee cup I’ve carried in with me! Seriously, though, I feel really lucky because no two days are the same which suits me well. This morning the first thing I did was set up one of our engineers for an online training course he was carrying out and yesterday I was in the workshops identifying and organising equipment for examination.
What’s your favourite part of the job? 
I don’t really have a favourite part - the fact that no two days are ever the same is what I love most about it. I wouldn’t do well in a job that repeats itself over and over.
What’s been your proudest moment at Gibbons? 
My proudest moment was when the company was accredited for three ISO standards: 9001, 14001 and 18001. As project manager I was responsible for co-ordinating everything. Luckily, many of our systems already met with the standards criteria but there was a lot that still needed to be done. The process was made easier for me because every single member of staff contributed and I couldn’t possibly have attained accreditation without them. We’re all really proud of that achievement.
What’s your favourite album? 
When I go on holiday the very first thing I listen to is The War of the Worlds all the way through (it has to be the original Jeff Wayne version).
What’s your guilty pleasure? 
Reading! I rarely get the time but I can completely lose myself in a good book.
What’s your favourite place in the world? 
Chania Harbour, Crete. Greece of course!
Who would you most like to be stranded on a desert island with? 
My son – eventually he’d have to talk to me! No, seriously, my son is almost nine and we can talk for hours if he doesn’t have access to a computer. I’d love the uninterrupted time with him.
What’s your favourite TV programme? 
Match of the Day – my husband is a football widower!
Tell us something we don’t know about you.
My love of John Denver music (the guys are going to rib me forever for that one)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Accreditations

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 9001 certified.

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 14001 certified.

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 18001 certified.
Powered by Blogger.