Tuesday 5 April 2016

Carl Brennand works as a Copywriter in the busy Gibbons Marketing department. We grabbed Carl for a quick chat about his role and what he gets up to outside of work.



What does your job involve?

I write the words (copy) for our marketing material, which can vary from blogs, articles and website pages to case studies, e-shots and leaflets. I also write the monthly internal newsletter and am involved in analysing keywords for search engine optimisation (SEO).

Is there any such thing as a typical day for you?

First of all I’ll look at the previous day’s Google Analytics, then the rest of the morning tends to be taken up with researching, writing and publishing a blog. In the afternoons I’ll focus on other projects such as writing copy for case studies, e-shots and the newsletter.

What’s your favourite part of the job?

It’s always very satisfying when a trade magazine publishes a case study I’ve written. Not only is it an excellent way to showcase what we do, it’s great to have the efforts of the whole team recognised in print.

What’s the best thing about working at Gibbons?

There’s a very supportive culture here – people always have time to help which is essential for me as I often need technical information from engineers and sales staff.

What projects are you working on at the moment?

We’re in the process of creating a new division, so there’s blogs, e-shots and web copy to write as we prepare to launch. I can’t say what the new division is at the moment, but we’re very excited to be able to offer customers yet another solution to their needs!

What stresses you out?

Driving. If I’m going to lose my temper, it tends to be behind the wheel!

What’s your guilty pleasure?

Columbo. My wife thinks it’s hilarious that I watch it, but if you look beyond the hammy supporting actors it’s a really satisfying watch. Although Columbo usually knows from the start who committed the murder, the pleasure comes from seeing him harass the perpetrator while working out how they did it.

What’s your favourite place in the world?

Anfield stadium, although it’s been several years since I’ve visited. Every time I go I cherish the moment when I walk up the steps from the concourse and out into the stand. Seeing that immaculate pitch and the swathes of red seats gradually come into view as I think about the history of the place is so exciting.

What do you get up to in your spare time?

I’m an avid reader and a dedicated TV and film addict. I also love walking in the Essex countryside which is lucky as it’s the only exercise I get!

What’s your most treasured possession?


I’d better say my wedding ring in case my wife reads this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Accreditations

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 9001 certified.

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 14001 certified.

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 18001 certified.
Powered by Blogger.