Tuesday 16 December 2014

We grabbed five minutes with our super-skilled Marketing Assistant Charlotte May to talk social media, Photoshop and drumstick catching!

Charlotte May, Gibbons’ talented Marketing Assistant, comes under the spotlight as we quiz her about her role and discover a few likes and dislikes.

What does your job involve?

Finding new platforms and potential customers to market our products to and bring in as much new business as possible. This involves a lot of time spent on social media, promoting our products and services, creating and sending out e-shots to 4,000 customers a day and updating our database to make sure we have the most up-to-date information possible.
I do a lot of the design work as well, so Photoshop has become my new best friend to help me create adverts and promotional material to distribute to our customer base.

Is there any such thing as a typical day for you?

No, but that’s what I like about my job. Every day can bring something completely different and there’s always something new to be working on.

What’s your favourite part of the job? 

Seeing something I’ve designed or worked on for a long time arrive in the office finished. For example, the new calendars and notebooks which have just arrived look really nice and it’s good to see them somewhere other than on my computer screen.

What’s the best thing about working at Gibbons? 

The team that I get to work with every day. We all combine very well and achieve really good results from our hard work. However, we still manage to have fun while doing it and I don’t think any of us take ourselves too seriously!

What projects are you working on at the moment?

Getting designs and e-shots ready for the New Year. I’m always working about a month ahead for the artwork side of things to make sure everything is ready on time. I’m also putting together a special end-of-year Flipboard to showcase all the brilliant work we’ve achieved this year.

What stresses you out? 

Not much! But I do hate shopping so I try and avoid going into actual shops as much as possible. There’s just too much chaos!

What’s your guilty pleasure? 

I love watching really rubbish American reality TV - at the moment it’s a show called Catfish. I don’t even know why I like it but if it’s on it’s compulsive viewing for me, to the point where my boyfriend has tried to hide the remote from me for fear of having to watch it again!

What’s your favourite place in the world? 

I love Italy. I’ve been there four times on holiday now and I never get tired of it. Rome especially is probably the best place I’ve ever been. It combines history, art and amazing food which are incidentally three of my favourite things! I do love travelling, though, so this will probably change after I go on holiday next year.

What do you get up to in your spare time?

I’m really into music. I’ve actually been playing guitar for 18 years now, so I like to play as often as I can in my free time and go to gigs as much as possible.

What’s your most treasured possession?

This is probably really sad, but a drumstick I caught when I saw my favourite band (HIM) live. It was while I was still at university, and I’ve never been more excited to have something thrown at me! I remember walking the entire way home clutching it in case someone tried to take it from me. It’s now in pride of place at home. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Accreditations

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 9001 certified.

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 14001 certified.

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 18001 certified.
Powered by Blogger.