Monday 22 September 2014

Continuing our series where we profile our friendly, hard-working personnel, it’s the turn of Steve Rix, who’s Managing Director of Gibbons’ busy Humidification division.

1. What’s been your most embarrassing moment?

When I was 17, I played my first gig with my very first band (I’m a guitarist). We had practiced long and hard for this moment but getting up in front of the expectant crowed turned my fingers to jelly, and I couldn’t play anything resembling the right note. Worse still, the crowd we were playing to had paid good money to be entertained for the evening but song after song was just the same. I couldn’t wait for the night to end.

2. What stresses you out?

Having no money. Plus people who dither, particularly on the roads.

3. What excites you?

Sailing, playing gigs and solving problems (well, I am an engineer!).

4. What’s your favourite food?

Prawns, French bread and unsalted butter with a glass of wine sitting in the sun on my boat in a distant port.

5. What type of music do you like?

I like almost all music except for rap, which should be spelt with a ‘c’.

6. What about your favourite band?

Tricky one – it would have to be either Led Zeppelin or The Asylum Street Spankers

7. And your favourite song?

It’s between ‘Stairway to Heaven’ by Led Zeppelin, ‘Whatever’ by The Asylum Street Spankers and ‘Make Me Smile’ by Cockney Rebel.

8. What’s your favourite film?

Crocodile Dundee, but I also love Man on Wire and the Bourne trilogy.

9. And your favourite actor/actress?

Oh I don’t know, maybe Kim Basinger (well, she used to have a fantastic figure).

10. Which football team do you support?

Football is played by overpaid cheats, so I’ll say England!
 
Steve’s on hand to explain how our humidification systems and lifecycle services can help make your workplace a comfortable, healthy environment. So to discuss your next humidification project, give him a call on 07966 423165 or email steve.rix@gibbonsgroup.co.uk. Explore our full range of humidification products and services here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Accreditations

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 9001 certified.

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 14001 certified.

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 18001 certified.
Powered by Blogger.