Wednesday 19 February 2014

Paul Scott has been Sales Manager at Gibbons Group for seven years. We caught up with him for a quick chat about cake, steak and Stephen Fry.



1. What does your job involve?

It’s a really varied role – I produce quotes, prepare orders for despatch and provide technical information and advice to customers among other things.

2. What’s the first thing you do when you get to work in the morning?

I check my emails – standard answer I’m afraid!

3. What’s the best thing about working for Gibbons Group?

I feel fortunate to work for a growing, diverse company alongside a great team. We all work hard but have a good laugh at the same time.

4. What’s been your proudest achievement here?

Developing our export service has been very satisfying – we now ship to locations all over the world including the USA, United Arab Emirates and Indonesia to name a few.

5. What’s your favourite holiday destination?

Some years ago I did the travelling thing and spent seven months in Australia – without doubt the best place I’ve been.

6. Who would you most like to be stranded on a desert island with?

Stephen Fry would be great company.

7. What’s your guilty pleasure? 

Cake. To my shame I once ate five cream cakes in one day.

8. Tell us your most embarrassing moment

I was once stood on the A12 awaiting roadside recover after an accident on my motorbike. I’d incurred two large bruised lumps on my inner thighs so loosened my leather trousers for comfort, at which point a female vicar in a small electric mobility car approached on the pavement. She tried to swerve around my bike but fell off in the process, so I leapt to her assistance. As I bent down, my loose trousers fell to my ankles just as a police van screeched to a halt behind me. Its many passengers got a less than flattering view of me, underwear exposed, stooped over the dazed and confused vicar as I apologised profusely to her. Luckily the police (and the vicar) saw the funny side!

9. What’s your favourite food?

I’m a big food lover (see question 7) so there are lots to choose from, but fillet steak - cooked rare - has to be my favourite.

10. Tell us something we don’t know about you


I’m a fully-qualified Airline Transport Pilot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Accreditations

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 9001 certified.

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 14001 certified.

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 18001 certified.
Powered by Blogger.