Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Andrew Knight has been Gibbons’ HVAC Services Manager since 2011 and has almost 20 years’ experience in the industry. We quizzed him about his busy role and discovered a few of his likes and dislikes.



1. What does your job involve?

Anything and everything! This week I’ve been overseeing the installation of new heating coils and completing detailed air testing on UVC germ-killing equipment we’ve installed into AHUs. Tomorrow I’m working with a customer for whom Gibbons have fitted a condition-based monitoring system for over 250 bearings.

2. How did you get started in the industry?

By accident, really. Nearly 20 years ago a director from Woods Air Movement asked what I was going to do when I finished college. He told me about their apprenticeship scheme and the rest is history!

3. Is there any such thing as a typical day for you?

I don’t think they exist anymore! I like to start the day early if I can. Just when I think I’m having a ‘normal’ day I usually get a call from someone asking us to help solve an unusual problem or attend a breakdown. I love it really and I’m not sure if I would want to go back to working a ‘normal’ day!

4. What aspect of your work gives you the most satisfaction?

I love problem solving. The best phone calls are the ones where someone has a problem and needs our expertise to help solve it. I like to think I’m good at this!

5. What has been your proudest achievement with Gibbons?

I’m really proud to have developed the HVAC business into what it is today. We have many happy customers who trade with us time after time which I hope means they’re pleased with what we provide for them.

6. Are you working on any exciting projects you can tell us about?

I could but I’d have to…! Actually, I can tell you that I’ve really enjoyed working with the E-CO team installing UVC (ultraviolet) systems into AHUs. We’ve been working with our customers to remove odours in buildings and help them improve indoor air quality and save energy. I’m also working on a big fan and inverter drive upgrade project for a customer in London. 

7. What do you get up to in your spare time?

I’ve been building an extension for two years which is still unfinished! I’ve also just bought a kayak on eBay that my six-year-old little boy and I have been using. It’s great fun and there’s a lovely river close to our house for us to use.

8. What stresses you out?

I try not to stress and hopefully I’m known as a calm and collected person, even in difficult situations. However, being late really stresses me out!

9. What’s your favourite place in the world?

Wow, that’s a hard question. I’ve been lucky to visit a few nice places. It sounds a bit corny but sometimes it’s not so much the place as who you’re there with. I work some long and odd hours so I really value the time I get to spend with family and friends, wherever it is.

10. What’s your most treasured possession?  

My fantastic family.


To enquire about our comprehensive range of HVAC products and services, call Andrew on 07850 204915 or email andrew.knight@gibbonsgroup.co.uk

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Accreditations

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 9001 certified.

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 14001 certified.

We are UVDB Verify Certified by Achilles and ISO 18001 certified.
Powered by Blogger.